Followers

Welcome!

This will be the blog that i will showcase my addiction for Marvellous Magnolia stamps, i hope that what i do here will inspire you as much as it gives me pleasure to work with these wonderful little rubber characters. For all my other stamping projects please visit my paper haven blog
smiles
Paola

Monday, September 5, 2011

Tomic challenge #14

time for a fab new challenge on TOMIC and this week its "Make your own background paper"
First though, i wanna share with you that i am someitmes or most times a bit dippy, i seem to get things wrong, or misinterpret things and then get it all wrong, so dippy here, when i read the dt specs for this week i just saw make your own background, so i made a triple easel that i was so pleased with, loaded long before the challenge was due.  Just as well someone on the team is on top of things and they pointed out that i had made the wrong thing for our challenge this week.  So i scuttled around like a headless chicken and came up with this instead:  i will share the card "faux par" later in the week.
For my card on the Tomic challenge this week i made my background paper using a stamp that has bubbles on it, made by a local company.  I stamped the bubbles with top boss, on white cardstock, embossed with an embossing powder that has a light shimmer to it, no name left on the bottle its really old.  I then used Adirondack die ink pad "name this color" to resist the embossed bubbles and voila!  i love my bubbly background paper.

colored my image "swimming Tilda" with copics, and found these bubbles that i bought at Hobby lobby last year and made a shaker around my image with clear micro beads in it.  I added pink dew drops around the frame of my shaker, a pearly flourish down the side of my card and some fluffy wool that to me resembled seaweed.  I added a few glass garlands into the mix of flowers and left the inside of my card pretty clean and simple, but you can really see the nice bubbly paper.

have a great week
smiles
Paola

15 comments:

  1. Oh, my friend, this is simply stunning! I love the embellies on this one...beautiful with the feather. The pink pearls around the image are fabulous as is the wound glass garland around your salutation panel. Awesome work...hugs...Barb

    ps - our power is back on now....sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, great job, Tilda so cute.
    Hugs Renate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Paola. That bubble is so effective around Tilda really gives the impression she is under water. great job
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay oh talented one on high - this is gorgeous! Wonderful, creative and down right fun!! It is no wonder you are famous in your own time. And by the way - I am gonna steal this idea right off your blog!!!!!
    XO
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my, this card is stunning! I love everything you did on this. I love all the extra details you added, it makes the card spectacular! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable! This card is fantastic. The effect is perfect - love your bubbles!
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely adorable and gorgeous design!!!!! Way to go Paola!!!!! Excellent work again!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi I love your background this should be a design paper so pretty ! Live the pink beads and the floral arrangement so beautiful ! Thanks Kitty :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous Paola! love this Tilda and love how you created the background and scene to go with her! The dew drops frame her so adorably!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my Paola, love everything about this card and you really did a great job on it.. Adore your design and the flower layout is so gorgeous with so many components added into it.. Love the pink dew drops around Tilda's pool. Just a stunning card..
    Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Paola...you crack me up, girl!! You just whipped this together...are you KIDDING me?! This is one stunning piece of art, sweet friend!!! I love this card!! Gorgeous DPs...brilliantly designed!! And Tilda is just as cute as she can be!! You ROCK sistah!! Mwahhhh! Pat

    ReplyDelete
  12. Paola, what a beautiful card..Very good job :}Dee

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did your background paper to perfection. I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the card!! I wish it were coming to my house...I love all things beachy and summery.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful card! You are so creative. Great idea for using Tilda.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete